From Born To Run:
The race isn’t so much to beat each other… but to be with each other.
This weekend, between swimming across a deep pond, slithering through mud under barbed wire and jumping over fire… I remembered that races didn’t always have to be about racing; instead, they can be about spending a Saturday morning with a friend. (Thank you Amanda!)
Lessons learned while rebelling:
- Bring baby wipes, the lines for the hose are way too long.
- I am allergic to hay.
- Mud makes you heavy.
- Scaling 8’ walls is hard when you are only 5’2” - it’s a long way to drop on the back side. (So all you tall people, don’t yell at us when we get scared!)
- Mud washes out of places that you don’t want to find mud afterwards.
- Latex body paint is awesome!
- Beer is tasty… wait, we already knew that!
- Mud runs are fun! So much fun that I’m submitting myself to another one in October: Tough Mudder